When you know you are pregnant (or even trying to conceive) there are many websites that you can join that will give you all your weekly updates. Updates range from what size the baby is that week to how your body will be changing to accommodate the baby. I’m registered with http://www.babycenter.com and it seems to be a pretty good source most of the time. Not only do they send weekly updates but they also send other relevant articles as you get farther along in your pregnancy. Yesterday BabyCenter sent the following article: “Forty-two things that change when you have a baby.”
The first 15 were the ones the editor created and the remaining were ones that were submitted by loyal readers. I’m only going to share those and then I want to hear from my mom and dad audience on others from your opinion.
1. You finally stop to smell the roses, because your baby is in your arms.
2. Where you once believed you were fearless, you now find yourself afraid.
3. The sacrifices you thought you made to have a child no longer seem like sacrifices.
4. You respect your body … finally.
5. You respect your parents and love them in a new way.
6. You find that your baby’s pain feels much worse than your own.
7. You believe once again in the things you believed in as a child.
8. You lose touch with the people in your life whom you should have banished years ago.
9. Your heart breaks much more easily.
10. You think of someone else 234,836,178,976 times a day.
11. Every day is a surprise.
12. Bodily functions are no longer repulsive. In fact, they please you. (Hooray for poop!)
13. You look at your baby in the mirror instead of yourself.
14. You become a morning person. (I am not sure this will be true for me, thank god George can be a night owl and wake up in the morning)
15. Your love becomes limitless, a superhuman power.
Now it is your turn to contribute, can’t wait to read your comments as I’m sure there are some funny ones that will get posted here!