I’m sure like many other families with both parents working, the weekends become madness with cramming all family time into just 2 short days. Our family is no different except for the fact that my family includes me! I want to do so much that I’m literally dragging George and Abbey all over the place and come Sunday night we are all extremely exhausted. Luckily we are all having fun and creating great memories together. Here are some highlights of a typical Herron Nest weekend.
- Dinner out at McAlister’s
- Ice cream with Grandma and Grandpa Bird to celebrate 39th wedding anniversary
- Shopping at Carter’s for Abbey (spoiled by above grandparents!)
- Started the day with a morning run
- Head downtown to wait in line for Bengals practice tickets
- Brunch at Taste of Belgium in OTR
- Meet up with old co-worker and his wife to play at Washington Park
- Head home for Abbey’s nap while I weed the front garden
- Cousin and kids pop over for lunch and play with Abbey and George and friend go to Bengals practice
- Aunt Jami came over to spoil and watch Abbey crawl
- Met up with friends and their kids out for dinner at El Pueblo’s
- Came back to the house to give everyone a tour of Kat’s amazing remodeled home (totally HGTV looking)
- The kiddos played at our house
- And then everyone went to bed!
- Clean up around the house
- Abbey nap time = George and Jesy get things done or nap a bit (LOVE naps by the way)
- Laundry again
- Pool time
- More Laundry
- Abbey gets a bath
- Put Abbey to bed
- And more laundry
- THEN CRASH!
As George and I have said, this is what its all about. Feeling exhausted on Sunday knowing that we had a great weekend filled with lots of Abbey playtime and getting some stuff around the house. I know that we are not the only ones that jam-pack our weekends but I’m also curious as to how the rest of you balance family life. How often and when do you and your significant other do date nights? What is your typical weekend like? Maybe we are the only ones that go 100 miles per hour from 6:00p Friday night to 8:00p Sunday night. Any and all comments welcome!