I know that I’m publicly sharing this post but I have to admit that the reason I wrote it would be more self serving. Reminiscing about 2013 and thinking about all the great moments and happy memories that we created makes me well-up a little but also makes me proud of hubs, myself and Ab. There were a fair share of ups and downs (we’ll get to those) but an overall great year. Here are the highlights by month:
- Rang in the new year with our little girl at LaRosa’s, there was spaghetti sauce EVERYWHERE! I remember that we actually tried getting into a semi-nice restaurant first, which was a joke.
- Celebrated George’s birthday
- George lands a new position at Kroger and is uber happy
- Ab started swimming lessons
- The only thing I can think of was really training for the 1/2 marathon
- And Valentine’s day
- Does anything else happen during this month?
- I participated in the Cinciditarod which was one of the biggest mistakes of 2013 – it SUCKED!
- George and I saw an awesome Beatles tribute band at Belterra Casino
- I started a weight-loss transformation that changed my body, our family’s health and made me a different person (after the sucky Cinciditarod)
- We started tearing up our kitchen which turned into THE major project of the year (or so I thought at the time).
- Florida vacation
- Our first trip to Disney
- Visiting with Aunt Sue and Uncle Jack in Florida
- Celebrated my parent’s 36th wedding anniversary.
- I ran in the Cincinnati Flying Pig 1/2 Marathon with my best friend and cousin, Kat.
- I turned 31 (blerg)
- I became a health coach for Take Shape For Life and started coaching others to optimal health
- George started another season coaching for Butler County Challenger Baseball
- Many awesome weekends spent at Fox Run
- Time spent on Papa’s new pontoon boat on Brookville lake
- Fun at Gower Park and the Sharonville Pool (our favs)
- George and I took a family of three vacation and trucked ourselves down to Nashville for a long holiday weekend….in the rain. Literally, rain the ENTIRE time.
- I made my 40 pound goal
- George and I saw Willie Nelson in concert, 4 rows back!
- George coached the Butler County Challenger Red Sox during the 2013 Butler County State Tournament – it was hot but he did a fantastic job.
- and apparently got pregnant!
- Celebrated my in-laws anniversary and started to share the news of my pregnancy with family
- THEN found out my brother-in-law and sister-in-law were also pregnant and due 5 weeks before us
- Spent a lot of time together as a family playing at “Abbey’s Park” and “Abbey’s Pool” in Sharonville
- Put new gutters on the house and put the final touches on the brand-spankin-new-kitchen (thanks to Grandpa and Uncle Tom)
- George had his tonsils removed (YAY) and miraculously stopped snoring (bonus)
- Abbey and I did the Super Hero Run for Pro Kids with Grandma Herron, Sarah, CJ and Henry
- Started to share pregnancy news with all family and friends!
- Celebrated a combined loss of 216 lbs in just the women of my family
- Celebrated my nephew’s, Henry, 2nd birthday
- Celebrated the wedding of Zeek and Nicole and watched my dad actually marry a couple, good job Rev!
- Spent the majority of our “extra” time and money at Home Depot, Lowes, and Menards
- Put the house on the market
- Got an offer 2 days later
- Was under contract 1 day after that
- Celebrated our 8th Wedding anniversary
- Then the offer fell threw, whomp whomp whomp
- Abbey went to Disney On Ice and because of my killer blogging hook-up we got to see Mickey and Minnie backstage!
- 20-week ultrasound to see our healthy baby
- Gender reveal party with family and friends to find out we are expecting Jack Edward Herron in late March 2014!
- Updated our electric
- Celebrated my 5th year anniversary at US Digital Partners
- Bought a brand new furnace
- Celebrated Abbey’s 2nd birthday with her little buds Mickey Mouse Clubhouse style, “we’ve got ears, say cheers!”
- Spent Thanksgiving with all of our family, blessed!
- Took said house off the market for the winter (we’ll be back on in the Spring, don’t you worry!)
- Celebrated Mason’s 3rd birthday, my silly Bubby!
- Celebrated the Christmas season all December long thanks to WARM 98 and the non-stop Christmas music Ab demanded 🙂
- Spent time with family in Louisville, KY at the Galt House and Christmas Village (highly recommend)
- Got through Abbey and George colds
- Celebrated Christmas about 6 times and loved every crazy-lovin moment!