I’m so excited to help promote the 6th annual Bluegrass for Babies event and even more thrilled that The Herron Nest will be attending this year for the first time. Many positives for attending this event being held at Sawyer Point, but one major reason why we will be attending is because it is a benefit that was started by a passionate family who wanted to give back to Cincinnati Children’s which provided a life-saving surgery to their newborn son.
This year marks the first that Bluegrass for Babies is being produced under the Healthy Roots Foundation
name, a change that occurred in August of 2014. The need for Foundation became apparent as Bluegrass for Babies evolved from the one-time a year concert into a year-round organization providing tools, programming and resources as well as to hosting a variety of special events.
The concert lineup features performances by Ma Crow & The Lady Slippers, Comet Bluegrass All-Stars, and Hickory Robot. Ma Crow & The Lady Slippers will kick things off, performing at 3:00pm with the Comet Bluegrass All-Stars taking to the stage at 5:00pm. Rounding out the evening at 6:45 pm will be Hickory Robot. Special guest Jennifer Ellis will perform her popular children’s songs at 4:15pm.
Again this year, kids 12 and under will be able to eat free with the purchase of an adult meal from the Green B.E.A.N. Delivery concession stand until 6:00 pm. One free kids meal will be available, per one purchased adult meal. This year Bluegrass for Babies takes place at Sawyer Point on September 20 with just as many wonderful bluegrass bands as we’ve had in the past, and great food, vendors, activities and family fun.
Tickets for the Bluegrass for Babies benefit concert are $15 for adults in advance and $20 day of, with children admitted for free. Presale period ends Friday, September 19, 2013 at 10:00 PM. Tickets can be purchased at www.healthyrootsfoundation.org
. Parking is $8 in the Sawyer Point parking lot. Discounted tickets are available for groups of 10+ adults until Friday, September 19.
Bluegrass for Babies concert attendees will have the opportunity to partake in five interactive experiences– Farmer’s Market, Healthy Home, Family Wellness, Music & Art, and Movement.
- Farmer’s Market: Nutrition and food are key components of setting the foundation for healthy lives. The Farmer’s Market features real, non-processed food options like apples, local sustainably raised burgers, gluten-free grilled cheeses, locally made desserts, and more. And, none of the food or drink options contain any high fructose corn syrup.
- Healthy Home: The Healthy Home Experience features activities provided by local experts on home building design and resources, waste management, baby care products, and more.
- Family Wellness: Visit the Family Wellness Experience to learn about relaxation techniques, skincare, family financial plans, pediatric health tips, and more.
- Let’s get Moving!: Children of all ages will enjoy a variety of movement activities on the lawn including soccer, basketball and more.
- Art & Music: Children of all ages will enjoy exploring new instruments, creating new masterpieces, and more.
- Toddler Play Experience: The Toddler Play Experience allows parents to enjoy some of the area’s best bluegrass music and a refreshing beverage in a worry free environment. We have created a contained location on the lawn with many of your toddler’s favorite play activities.
Would you like to join The Herron Nest at the benefit Bluegrass for Babies concert? We’re giving away a pair of tickets to one of our lucky readers (kids 12 and under are free). In addition, we have a gift card for a free Mama Mimi’s pizza for our blog winner.
You will have 4 chances to win this family-friendly giveaway:
1. Leave a comment on why you’d like to attend this great event.
2. Like Bluegrass for Babies on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/bluegrassforbabies
3. Tweet about this giveaway by including @4healthyroots and @jesyherron in your tweet.
4. Sign up for The Herron Nest newsletter or let me know that you already subscribe.
Winner will be picked via Random.org and will be notified on 9/16/14. You will have 24 hours to respond to me via email or else I’ll need to pick a new winner. There is only ONE date for this giveaway event, please be sure you an use the tickets. Tickets will be sent via Eventbrite directly to your winner. The Mama Mimi’s gift card will be mailed separately so I’ll need your address if chosen.
Mama Mimi’s, besides being a vendor at this year’s event, is also donating 100% of the money received from purchases at the event directly to Cincinnati Children’s Hospital! Thanks Mama Mimi’s!
Disclaimer: I’ve been given two tickets and a Mama Mimi’s gift card for my family to enjoy as a thank you for helping to promote this event.